Drachen LTD is a privately-owned business deploying the skills and services of its owners.
Jeremy Brettell C Dir CAifs MBA DipFS ACIB Dip FIoD is Company Secretary of Drachen Ltd.
Independent Chartered Director. FCA / PRA authorised.
Jeremy's career spans 35 years, with broad experience at Board Chair, NED, CEO, Board Advisory and business-unit level roles across a range of UK / European Financial Services and Commercial / Public businesses.
Jeremy holds a number of complementary qualifications and memberships:
- Chartered Director (Institute of Directors)
- MBA (Financial Services)
- Dip FS (Honours level Financial Studies Diploma)
- CAifs (Chartered Associate - Institute of Financial Services)
- ACIB (Degree level Banking qualifications)
- IOD Certificate in Company Direction (with Distinction)
- IOD Diploma in Company Direction (with Distinction)
- FPC (Financial Planning Certificate - Ch Insurance Institute)
- FIoD (Fellow of the Institute of Directors)
Jeremy has a portfolio of Non Executive roles - including Chair of 3 Financial Services businesses, and Non Executive Director roles with a UK Bank and a major Wealth Management business.
Commercially and Strategically focused independent Chartered Director with 35 years experience including board level within Private and Public organisations. Jeremy has an ability to identify opportunities to drive performance improvement, define corporate direction and transform organisations using strong strategic planning, financial control and team leadership skills. Analytical in approach, delivering sustained growth by identifying key critical success factors and associated risk, with the aim to develop existing and new markets and achieve overall business objectives.
Considered to be an inspiring leader, who has created over many years the best opportunities for the best people by coaching and mentoring, aligned with setting stretching targets, objectives and KPI’ s to build businesses fit for the future.
He has excellent leadership skills, with hands on experience in all major disciplines – strategic planning, JVs & Partnerships, business leadership, marketing, sales, client management, customer service, compliance, operations, governance, IT and programme management. Exemplary record, with FCA / PRA (UK) MiFiD (Europe) & CSSF (Luxembourg) authorisations.
Previously Jeremy was CEO at a £1 Billion alternative investment manager, Director of a UK FSA regulated London trade body, and Non Executive Partner on the Advisory Board for a UK BioTech / Life Sciences venture capital fund. He has held roles on a number of Board Committees, including Chair Risk, Audit, Compliance and Remuneration Committees.
European experience includes Director roles of two Luxembourg based Fund Management Platforms, and holding an Advisory Board position on a German Family Office Wealth Management Advisory business
Jeremy is experienced at working in large, small, private, public, mutual and partnership businesses, and has held a range of committee roles including audit, compliance, risk as well as various Trustee and Treasurer roles.
Jeremy currently supports the Princes Youth Business Trust (Scotland) and is a Business Mentor with the Chamber of Commerce, and has been awarded the status of Chartered Director with the Institute of Directors, and Chartered Associate with the Institute of Financial Services.
Examples of significant assignments completed to date:
- Provision of strategic advice in respect of UK Financial Services subsidiary of a European Financial services group.
- Restructured & repositioned leading Investment Manager to reduce costs by 50% and implement enhanced systems and processes leading to ISO Certification
- Created global distribution network for an Investment Manager to position business for growth in existing and new strategic asset classes through personal profile and PR activity
- Launched Luxembourg based fund management businesses with blue chip partners, achieving highest levels of Corporate Governance standards meeting all due diligence requirements, driving launch of new strategic asset class and nurturing Institutional / professional investors.
- Developed and implemented strategic plan to grow an IFA business by increasing shareholder value by 100%, renewal incomes by 50%, and standardising systems and service support.
- Launched new General Insurance offering across a retail bank network with sales increasing 400%
- Defined and implemented major Life Office contact strategy and operating model for B2B and B2C. business, re-engineering and centralising 14 distributed contact points. Service measures improved to market upper quartile and “5 Star” rating, costs reduced by 30%.
- Doubled assets / funds under management for alternative asset management group
- Regulatory control and development of regulatory standards, holding CF10 /CF11, and MLRO / T&C responsibilities in a number of Companies
Debbie Brettell BSc is the Director of Drachen Ltd., and brings a wealth of experience gained across financial and professional services, and in retail, marketing and PR. Debbie was previously Director and Trustee of a national registered charity, appointed as Treasurer and worked closely with Audit partners, and developed governance and risk policies as well as resolving various HMRC / Gift Aid issues. In her roles she has overseen several office re-organisations designed to increase efficiency, improve customer service and reduce operating costs. As a result of her interest in the interaction of people and processes, she is now an approved CPD (Continuing Professional Development) provider, and provides holistic development and support to groups and individuals alike.